Board Statement on COVID-19
March 23, 2019
Know that our first priority is the health and well being of our members, staff, and guests.
At this time Rockbridge Club will remain open.
The Board will continue to evaluate the situation on a daily basis.
We will have no large group functions until further notice.
The CDC is recommending that no group gathering consist of more than 10 people.
In light of the Covid 19 situation, please note the following from the Board:
The tennis courts will remain open subject to certain temporary policies and rules.
- All clinics are suspended until further notice.
- Men’s night and Ladies’ night are both suspended until further notice.
- Please contact Brian or Tony about individual lessons.
1. The pro shop will be closed except for staff.
2. There will be no food and drink sales. Please bring your own beverages, cups and ice. The ice machine is not to be used.
3. Please refrain from bringing any food to share.
4. Please bring your own tennis balls. If you forget them, contact the staff and they will provide some to you.
5. Water coolers and cups will not be provided on the courts.
6. Please wash your hands before and after play. Please bring wipes if you have them and wipe down the bathrooms after use.
7. Please don’t congregate after play is complete.
8. All clinics are suspended until further notice.
9. Please don’t bring kids to the Club who are unsupervised.
10. Guests are discouraged at this time. If you have a guest, please let the staff know for charging purposes.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
Please note the following:
1. We have instructed the cleaning service to give extra attention to the bathrooms at all RBC facilities.
2. When available, we intend to stock each bathroom with disinfectant wipes to use for cleaning (including knobs and handles).
3. We please ask you to follow the recommended guidelines related to hand washing.
4. If you are sick or may have been exposed to someone who is sick, we request that you refrain from coming to the club. This will help keep our members, staff and guests from being exposed to the virus.
5. We sent a letter to everyone who has reserved the Clubhouse for events in March and April. We are not cancelling any events, but we are allowing folks to cancel or postpone their reservations with a full refund of their deposits.
The virus causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever and in more severe cases, pneumonia. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently and avoiding touching your face. (World Health Organization).
Also, know that USTA has suspended league play. Please monitor the USTA website for updates related to league tennis.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation at this time.