Dear RBC Members:
We are obligated to follow Federal and State guidelines on sports activities and social distancing. These guidelines, along with USTA recommendations and advice from healthcare professionals, helped to shape the rules we have established. If you plan to play, it is important to familiarize yourself with the rules and information below. These rules will need to be followed for the courts to remain open.
TEMPORARY ROCKBRIDGE TENNIS RULES AND REGULATIONS
COURT USAGE and FACILITIES
1. UPDATED: Members will have access to all courts.
2. UPDATED: Pros will reserve courts as normal.
3. UPDATED: Pro shop is now open. We are limiting to 2 members at a time (not including staff). Members can enter the pro shop to purchase balls and beverages and to sign in guests. Please do not use the couches or watch TV. Please do not go behind the counter and get balls or drinks. Have the Pro Shop staff do this. This is for the protection of the staff, as well as you.
4. There will be no water coolers on the courts.
5. Anyone under 16 years of age with a court reservation must have a parent present. The parent must remain with child until play is complete.
6. Courts will close at 9pm. Last court reservation will start play no later than 7pm daily.
7. Pro shop staff will continue to sweep clay courts and will spray gate handles between play
8. Bathrooms will continue to be cleaned by custodial service. Disinfectant wipes will be provided if available. We encourage members to bring their own as well. Wash your hands for 20 seconds and wipe down the handles and knobs prior to leaving restroom.
9. No unaccompanied children.
1. Wash or sanitize your hands prior to entering the court
2. Do not share rackets, towels or other equipment
3. Bring your own hand sanitizer
4. Avoid touching railings, benches, fences and gates
5. Try to remain 6 feet apart
6. Sanitize or wash hands immediately after leaving the court
7. PLAY AND LEAVE THE PROPERTY. Players should leave the facility after play. No congregating anywhere on the property after play is complete. Members ARE allowed to watch tennis matches/fun play at RBC. Please do not watch matches on the court. While watching, you will need to social distance from others. When match is over, leave the facility.
The Board reserves the right to modify the rules and regulations at any time, or to suspend play again in the event such an action is warranted due to governmental decree, advice of the medical community, and/or a lack of adherence to the established rules and regulations.
The rules and regulations will be enforced by Brian Reeves and his staff. In addition, we are asking the members to please self-police as well. Any member who observes another member not following the rules is encouraged to inform the tennis staff, or to point out the situation to the other member. Individual suspensions can be administered by the Board in cases where the rules are ignored or violated on a consistent basis.