ROCKBRIDGE CLUB POOL RULES 2021 SEASON
1. Do NOT come to pool if you are feeling unwell or have experienced fever, shortness of breath, chills or sore throat in the past 24 hours.
2. When you arrive at the pool, you must check-in inside the Pool House before entering the pool deck.
3. COVID Safety Protocols for Summer 2021
• Tables wiped down each morning before opening.
• Standing hand sanitizer dispenser and Clorox wipes available on deck.
• Wash hands and use hand sanitizer while at pool.
• Face covering recommended for anyone unvaccinated who is inside Pool House.
• No eating, drinking or socializing inside pool house or snack bar.
• Snack bar staff temperature checked and logged at shift start. Full masking for unvaccinated staff.
• Pool chairs and lounge chairs sanitized at night.
4. Use of the pool is permitted only when a lifeguard is on duty.
• No guests opening weekend May 21-23 or May 28-31.
• Standard guest policy applies after June 1.
• Guest fees are $10 per person and can be paid in cash or charged to the accompanying member’s account.
• The third Friday of the month is free guest day.
• Guests may not visit the club more than five times per month, including free guest day.
6. Birthday parties: No parties opening weekend May 21-23 or May 28-31. Limited to 25 total attendees, including kids and adults. Standard party policies apply.
7. Proper swimming attire is required at all times. Infants and toddlers who are not fully toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper.
8. The wading pool is for use by children under six years of age.
9. Members are not allowed to distract club staff or personnel while on duty.
10. Running, rough housing or horseplay is not permitted at the facility grounds or on the pool deck. The lower asphalt parking lot is not a play area.
11. Please do not share toys or balls. Non-shared or single-person floats only (noodles, baby floats, etc.). Floats allowed at discretion of lifeguards based on pool capacity.
12. Swimming is not permitted in the diving area unless specifically authorized by the lifeguards. When swimming is permitted, no diving board use is permitted.
13. Use of the diving boards requires that:
• Only one person is permitted on the diving board at a time.
• Repeated bouncing on the board is not permitted.
• The diver must ensure the water is clear before diving.
• The diver must use the nearest ladder to exit the pool immediately after the diving or swim beyond the safety divider into the main pool area.
• No lingering in the diving area.
14. Ten minutes before each hour, lifeguards will clear pool for adult-only swim time. The break will be announced and will begin when the pool is clear. During extreme heat over 100 degrees, adult swim time may be extended to 15 minutes.
15. Absolutely no glass of any type is permitted in the pool facility.
16. Members are required to clean up after themselves and dispose of trash in the proper receptacles to help control ants and other pests. The blue recycling receptacles are for aluminum cans only.
17. Children age 10 and older may visit the pool without adult supervision provided an emergency contact information form is on file.
18. Children who are being supervised by a caretaker or babysitter other than a parent, must have a babysitter form on file.
19. The club is not responsible for children who leave the club property without parental permission. Please instruct your children accordingly. Club property does not include the housing development or the development’s dock/platform on Spring Lake. Use by Rockbridge members is prohibited. Trespassers and violators are subject to prosecution by the development owners.
20. The pool has a lost and found where stray items will be kept for one (1) day. Check the area for missing items. Unclaimed items will be disposed of or donated.
21. The pool manager is authorized to enforce all rules and regulations and to take appropriate action to ensure compliance. Failure to follow pool rules and guidelines will result in one-week suspension of pool privileges for family, per the Rockbridge Board. Continued misconduct may result in removal from premises, and possible suspension and termination of membership as stated in Rockbridge Club By-Laws.
Normal Pool Hours
Monday-Thursday: 11 am - 8 pm
Fridays: 11 am -9 pm
Saturdays: 10 am-9 pm
Sundays: Noon - 8 pm